Color Advice for the Frame of an Accent Chair

In my living room, I have a chocolate brown wall to wall carpet, the walls are very light off white, the couch and chair are a taupe beige, the drapes are various shades of brown plaid with a chocolate brown curtain rod. I have deep red accent pillows on the chair, and a deep red throw on the couch.

My question is: I just had an accent chair recovered in a red and taupe material; should I paint the wood frame of this chair a dark brown, or taupe the same color as is in the material?

By R. U. from Manitoba

I would get rid of the reds and go with blues. Blues and browns are fantastic together and create a warm feel and look. I am sending a sample of my table runner for you to see what they can look like.

Hope that helps.