CasserolesRecipes

Connie's Chicken Rice Casserole

This recipe dates back to the 70's when I first began making it. It's one of our family's favorites and I hope you enjoy it too.

Ingredients

• 1(10.75 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of celery soup
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup uncooked long grain rice (not instant)
  • Ad

• 1 (4.5 oz.) can mushrooms, well drained
  • garlic powder to taste
  • black pepper to taste
  • 1 (1 oz.) envelope dry onion soup mix
  • 6 to 8 chicken pieces

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine the mushroom soup, celery soup, water, rice, mushrooms, garlic powder and black pepper. Mix all together.

Pour mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish and spread on bottom. Lay chicken pieces over soup mixture and sprinkle dry onion soup mix over all. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.

Note: I've occasionally included broccoli bits to this recipe which makes it a change, and tastes great too.

By Connie from Cotter, AR

Thank you, Connie! We had this tonight and enjoyed it. Glad I fixed four servings for the two of us, for we look forward to leftovers.

I have flagged this recipe and will be returning to it. Hope we have guests sometime!!! Cay from FL