Chicken and Rice Casserole Recipes

Category Casseroles
The combination rice and chicken make a delicious dish with a variety of vegetables and herbs. This page contains chicken and rice casserole recipes.

This is a meal in one dish. Very easy to prepare and it's gluten free.

For the vegetables I used the broccoli, carrots, sugar snaps, peas & water chestnuts mixture.

• 2 lb chicken breast
  • 1/2 cup Kraft Zesty Italian dressing
  • 2/3 cup uncooked rice
  • 2 cubes Herb Ox beef bouillon cubes
  • 12 oz Birds Eye Steamfresh frozen vegetables

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Dissolve 2 beef flavor bouillon cubes in 2 cups hot water.
  3. Place chicken in 8 x 11 Pyrex dish. Pour salad dressing over chicken. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and take out the chicken. pieces so you can add the rice to bottom of the dish.
  4. Advertisement

5. Spread rice around bottom of the dish. Place chicken on top of rice. Place vegetables around chicken. Pour bouillon broth over chicken and vegetables.
  6. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.

I came up with this recipe because I wanted something like a chicken and rice casserole, but I wanted to use up a bunch of cooked leftover rice I had in the fridge. I didn't want to put cooked rice inside the casserole as it would've gone mushy, so I baked the base of it, then added my leftover rice on top, along with some cheese, and finished it off to have a lovely crisp top layer. It was excellent!

You can use any vegetables you have on hand for this. I used a 9 x 9 glass baking dish inside of my toaster oven.

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 1 hour

Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes

Yield: 4 servings

• 2 large chicken breasts, bite-sized pieces
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 5 mushrooms, chopped
  • 1 carrot, chopped
  • 1 bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 zucchini, chopped
  • 1 cup kale, chopped
  • 2 tsp taco seasoning
  • salt and pepper
  • 10 oz cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/3 cup yogurt
  • 1 Tbsp garlic powder
  • 1 cup cooked rice
  • 1 tsp taco seasoning
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a baking dish and add chicken pieces. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
  2. Advertisement

3. Add all of your veggies and 2 teaspoons of taco seasoning. Mix everything together.
  4. Whisk together the mushroom soup, yogurt, garlic powder and about 1/2 a teaspoon of salt.
  5. Pour this mixture over the chicken and veggies.
  6. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Pull out of oven and increase heat to 400 F.
  7. Advertisement

8. Spread cooked rice all over the top, then sprinkle with a teaspoon of taco seasoning.
  9. Cover with shredded cheese, then put back in the oven to finish baking for about 15 minutes, until top is browned and crisp.
  10. The cooked veggies do create an abundance of liquid, which I prefer tip out once I make the first cut. This is piping hot! Let it cool a bit before enjoying.

Saute' together first 3 ingredients. In an ungreased casserole, combine the last 5 ingredients. Add the sauteed veggies to the last 5 ingredients and mix.

Coat a 4 qt. crock pot with cooking spray. In a saucepan, combine the cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, water, butter and 1 Tbsp. of the onion soup mix. Cook, over medium heat, until the butter has melted.

In frying pan, place oil. Let cook on low about 2 minutes. Add rice, let cook until golden. Add broth, let cook about 20 minutes (or until no longer hard).

The Lemon Chicken with Herb Rice by Campbell's Supper Bakes boxed mix is delicious. Any idea how to make it from scratch? I'd like to make it less salty and healthier, if possible.

Holly from Richardson, TX

Answers

Here's an excellent Lemon Chicken recipe I've made for a couple of decades ... It sounds like a lot of work but it really isn't and the end results are yummy, very healthy and well worth the effort :-) I choose to cook it in a wok but a large skillet will do just fine ... You can freeze leftovers if you wish to :-) Actually, I think I'll enter this one in the recipe contest ;-)

Lemon Chicken

4 whole chicken breasts, boned skinned and cut in to bite size pieces (of course, you can buy already skinned and boned breasts)
4 tbls peanut oil
2 tsp corn starch plus 1 tbls mixed with one tbls water
3 tsp grated lemon rind
2/3 cup chicken stock
1 lb fresh snow peas
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice

Rice of your choosing

Toss chicken bites with 2 tbls oil and 2 tsp cornstarch

Heat remaining 2 tbls peanut oil in wok or skillet

Stir fry chicken about 2 minutes

Sprinkle with lemon rind and then add chicken stock and snow peas

Stir fry 1 minute

Combine lemon juice with cornstarch and water paste, add to wok and stir fry until sauce has thickened

Serve over rice

Bon Appetite ;-)

OOH! That sounds yummy!

Possibly you have a recipe for chicken cooked on a bed of flavored rice, everything covered with a can of sauce and a crumb topping? This is basically a description of the Campbell's Chicken meal. Normally I detest boxed meals, but this one is a winner.

Ingredients

• 1 package wild rice (6 oz.)
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 can mushrooms, drained
  • chicken broth
  • 1 can evaporated milk
  • 3 cups cooked chicken
  • 1/4 cup diced pimento (opt.)
  • 1 can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
  • 2 Tbsp. snipped parsley
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. pepper

Directions

Prepare wild rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook onion in butter until tender but not brown. Remove from heat and add flour. Drain mushrooms reserving liquid. Add enough chicken broth to mushroom liquid to measure 1 1/2 cups. Gradually stir into flour mixture. Add milk and cook stirring until thick. Add rice, mushrooms, chicken, pimento, water chestnuts, parsley, salt and pepper. Place in a 2 qt. casserole and bake at 350 degrees F for 25-35 minutes.

By Robin from Washington, IA

• 1 1/2 cups Minute Rice
  • 1 can mushroom soup
  • 1 can cream of celery soup
  • 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
  • 1 frying chicken

Directions:

Grease 9x13 inch pan, cover bottom of pan with rice. Add celery soup and mushroom soup and 1 can water. Mix well with rice. Lay unbaked chicken pieces, skin side up on rice. Sprinkle dry onion soup over all. Cover with foil. Bake 2 hours at 300 degrees F.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Ingredients

• 5 chicken breasts or 1 whole chicken, cut up, skin removed
  • 1 pkg. dry onion soup
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 2 soup cans water
  • 1 cup Uncle Ben's converted rice (important to use only this brand)

Directions

In a casserole dish, mix all ingredients, except chicken. Add chicken and bake covered for about 1 1/2 hours in 350 degree F oven. When finished, all liquid will be absorbed by rice.

By Robin from Washington, IA

I'm looking for a simple chicken and rice casserole that has french fried onions on top and in it.

This recipe was given to my by my sister-in-law right after her brother and I got married. Every time I have to prepare a dish for some occasion, it is requested that I bring this one.

Bake at 300 degrees F for 45 minutes.

Mix all above ingredients and place in a 9x9 inch or 9x13 inch pan. Place chicken pieces over top. Can use 4 chicken breasts of can use 1 chicken (cut up).

Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Combine rice, soup mix, canned soup and water in a bowl. Mix well.

I am looking for a recipe that includes canned chicken, brown rice, a can of cream of something and a few other things then it is baked. It is served with cranberry sauce.

Food and Recipes Recipes CasserolesOctober 12, 2012
🐛
🌻
📓
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Chicken-and-Rice-Casserole-Recipes.html