Chicken and Rice Bake Recipes
It's easy to bake chicken and rice together in one dish. This makes a hearty dinner with very little prep.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I came up with this recipe because I wanted something like a chicken and rice casserole, but I wanted to use up a bunch of cooked leftover rice I had in the fridge. I didn't want to put cooked rice inside the casserole as it would've gone mushy, so I baked the base of it, then added my leftover rice on top, along with some cheese, and finished it off to have a lovely crisp top layer. It was excellent!
You can use any vegetables you have on hand for this. I used a 9 x 9 glass baking dish inside of my toaster oven.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 large chicken breasts, bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 5 mushrooms, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 10 oz cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup yogurt
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a baking dish and add chicken pieces. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- Add all of your veggies and 2 teaspoons of taco seasoning. Mix everything together.
- Whisk together the mushroom soup, yogurt, garlic powder and about 1/2 a teaspoon of salt.
- Pour this mixture over the chicken and veggies.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Pull out of oven and increase heat to 400 F.
- Spread cooked rice all over the top, then sprinkle with a teaspoon of taco seasoning.
- Cover with shredded cheese, then put back in the oven to finish baking for about 15 minutes, until top is browned and crisp.
- The cooked veggies do create an abundance of liquid, which I prefer tip out once I make the first cut. This is piping hot! Let it cool a bit before enjoying.
The onion soup in this recipe makes it extra good!Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.