Chicken and Rice Bake Recipes

It's easy to bake chicken and rice together in one dish. This makes a hearty dinner with very little prep.

3 Solutions

I came up with this recipe because I wanted something like a chicken and rice casserole, but I wanted to use up a bunch of cooked leftover rice I had in the fridge. I didn't want to put cooked rice inside the casserole as it would've gone mushy, so I baked the base of it, then added my leftover rice on top, along with some cheese, and finished it off to have a lovely crisp top layer. It was excellent!

You can use any vegetables you have on hand for this. I used a 9 x 9 glass baking dish inside of my toaster oven.

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 1 hour

Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes

Yield: 4 servings

• 2 large chicken breasts, bite-sized pieces
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 5 mushrooms, chopped
  • 1 carrot, chopped
  • 1 bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 zucchini, chopped
  • 1 cup kale, chopped
  • 2 tsp taco seasoning
  • salt and pepper
  • 10 oz cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/3 cup yogurt
  • 1 Tbsp garlic powder
  • 1 cup cooked rice
  • 1 tsp taco seasoning
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a baking dish and add chicken pieces. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
  2. Add all of your veggies and 2 teaspoons of taco seasoning. Mix everything together.
  3. Whisk together the mushroom soup, yogurt, garlic powder and about 1/2 a teaspoon of salt.
  4. Pour this mixture over the chicken and veggies.
  5. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Pull out of oven and increase heat to 400 F.
  6. Spread cooked rice all over the top, then sprinkle with a teaspoon of taco seasoning.
  7. Cover with shredded cheese, then put back in the oven to finish baking for about 15 minutes, until top is browned and crisp.
  8. The cooked veggies do create an abundance of liquid, which I prefer tip out once I make the first cut. This is piping hot! Let it cool a bit before enjoying.

The onion soup in this recipe makes it extra good!

Very tasty recipe.

In These Pages
Food and Recipes Recipes Main DishesFebruary 10, 2021
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Chicken-Rice-Bake-1.html