Problems with Smoke Detectors?

Our house is 4 1/2 years old. Built new.We have 8 smoke detectors in the house electrically powered. Also we have in house security system, where in the panel lights "Fire" button. When I turn the system on, it starts beeping very loudly, continuously until I manually turn the system off by key given.

We had a same problem about 1 1/2 years ago. I call Hart Alarm Systems, original installer ,who tested all smoke detectors, replaced one at the basement level, everything worked fine since until the same problem now.

Do you think it is again smoke detector problem ? How do you test detectors? Where would I find test button? Do flashing lights mean the detector is working and considered good? Does an electric smoke detector carry also back up battery and where would it be installed? As I open the cover, only thing I see is few wires from the ceiling to the detector cover. Please advise ASAP. Thanks.

Impossible to tell from far away, not sensible to mess with electrical and security systems without a professional or knowlegeable person physically present. Can't blame you for wondering if there would be advice out there, but someone actually there would be best.

By az2010 (Guest Post)

Does your smoke detectors have a backup battery? I have electric smoke detectors and if the backup battery needs to be replaced it beeps.

By Hboo62 (Guest Post)

Most states require that the smoke detectors now be tied together so that it one goes off they all go off. It is quite possible that you have one or more defective smoke detectors.

These things do fail. If you are not familiar with the wiring or electrical circuits I would recommend that you get a qualified electrician to check it out.

By Joy Mayer (Guest Post)

If you have an alarm company, you should have a main backup battery for your system. Probably the battery has gone dead and is affecting your whole system. You shoud have a panel with wires running into it and a battery should be in there.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Home SafetyAugust 6, 2007
📓
🐛
😎
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf12286568.tip.html