FurnitureHome Improvement

Removing Bed From Sofa

My couch/sofa bed is old but still looks great and would be easy to slip cover but no one likes the pull out bed. Can I remove the sofa bed inside and still have a usable couch? Thanks,

Jois

Most hide a beds in sofas are the support for your sofa coushions. They hold the weigh of the people sitting. I went to askjeeves and typed in sofa bed disassembly and found several companys that will do it but nothing do it yourself. Sorry :(

Can you keep a mattress topper rolled up in an upstairs closet for when you need it as a bed? I'm thinking of an egg-crate foam sheet about four inches thick. I slept on my grandmother's hideabed and survived!

You might be able to remove the mattress from the sofa bed, but the rest of the mechanism is best left in as it supports the frame and surface cushions I believe.

I don't understand that nobody likes the pull out bed.
Who would see it if you re-covered it. Who would know but you and I'm sure it would look nice.

I don't think I would disasseble it.
I had a pull out couch bed and you would never know it was one.

I have an old sofa bed that I no longer use the bed portion. I have dire need of extra space, so I was wondering if anyone has ever converted a sofa bed into a storage couch?

By Brandie L.

Answers

Very interesting! I was searching how to revamp my hide-a-bed sofa to a storage sofa. I'm thinking it would work to frame the inside out with wood and a hinge top. Good Luck!