Homemade Ant Killer

How can I make ant killer spray using household products?

By Chad from Sacramento CA

Best Answer

Cornmeal sprinkled on the mounds works great. They carry it back to the mound, eat it, it swells in their stomachs and they die. Just another option that really works.

Best Answer

Artificial sweeteners are fantastic ant killers- in fact, that's what the original intent was, when they were discovered (completely by accident- yeah, I'm serious, look it up!) to be sweet in flavor. Pour a few packets of the generic version of the stuff in the areas that the ants are frequenting, and watch 'em disappear. I've had great luck with both the kind that comes in the pink, and the blue, packets (aspartame and saccharine). It's cheap, it works, and it won't kill your pets or your kids. At least, unless they eat a whole box of the stuff. Good luck! :o)

Terro. It comes in a small orange box for about $2.00. I had ants bad last year and tried everything. Finally I found this at the grocery store and it works. The little black ants were in my bathroom around the tub.I put a few drops on the cards provided and the ants all gathered around and ate it and they take it back to the nest where it kills them all. After doing this for a few days the ants disappeared and have not returned. It works outside also. I put a card where they were going up the foundation and in a few days they were gone, however you have to keep checking as they will move to another location. The ants are trying to find water/food so they don't give up easy.

Get rid of any bushes, vines, etc around the house that they can climb on, very important! Follow the trail back to where they are coming from and you will find the nest.

mix some dishwashing liquids soap in a spray bottle of water and it kills them instantly