ShoppingFrugal Living

Clearance Items for Christmas

The spring and summer may seem too early for some to think about Christmas, but if you do a little on-line shopping at any major stores, including ones like LL Bean, Eddie Bauer, and Kohls and click on "clearance", you'll find incredible deals on sweaters, down vests, winter hats, etc. Quality items will go for 50-75% off of what you would pay in November or December.

Even if you only bought one item a month, beginning with this month of May, you could buy for 8 people on your list by December 1st and not feel slammed with buying all of your gifts in the just a month or two!

Source: I came up with this idea myself while shopping online for my dad's birthday gift.

By Patricia Mabel from Maple Falls, WA

I'm already done with my Christmas shopping, I started some of it before last Christmas.

I always shop all year for Christmas; I've told people, especially my husband, that it is MUCH cheaper that way than waiting until the season. I have large plastic containers that I keep presents in, and label who those go to.

Getting on emails of companies you like, will also get you special discounts during the season, and you can "finish"up that way. I always finish my husband's up at eddiebauer.com, because I am always getting sales plus free shipping for jeans that he wears.

I shop this way all the time. Also watch stores like CVS, Walgreens, Family Dollar, etc. for their clearance items. I am usually finished by summer for the next Christmas plus I am stocked for teacher gifts, birthdays, etc.

I do this every year. The only exception is when you are buying for children don't buy all their gifts ahead. Children always grow so expectantly and change their likes so fast...For adults though, it works great! and keeps your budget in line and costs down.