Freezing Tomato Sauce?

Category Sauces

Can I make homemade tomato sauce and freeze it instead of using the water bath method?

Lorna from Sunnyvale, CA

I have kept a tomato garden for years, but didn't want to go to all the trouble that my grandmother did to make sauce and can it. I just wash and core my tomaotes, cut them into small chunks, pulverize them in my vita-mix, and pour the contents into zip-lick bags. I lable each bag with the date, and lay them flat in the freezer until solid. I have done this for years without a problem. The contents can then be thawed and later used to make spaghetti sauce, soup base, you name it. You may notice however as I did, that the contents tend to separate upon thawing, and there is a good deal of water in the top of the bag. You may either pour it off, or mix it into whatever you are making.

By wera (Guest Post)

yes you can , i hav been doing it for years

By mary (Guest Post)

Yes you can- I was making salsa last year and had left over jalapenos, tomatoes and green pepper and so turned it into tomato sauce with lots of garlic. Threw it in ziplock bags, froze it and it was awesome. Made a great base for pasta sauces, added some to chilis, and i"m goign to make more this year.

By (Guest Post)

Thhis I have also been doing for years! NO Diff at all!

Food and Recipes Freezing SaucesSeptember 4, 2006
😎
🐛
😷
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf13315017.tip.html

SaucesFreezing