Laundry Organizing Tips

Tips to help you organize your home's laundry. Post your ideas.

Use colored plastic hangers. Give every family member a different color. That way it's easy for everyone to find and put away their own clothes. (Yes I actually do this and it works great for me.)

Consider using specific colors of towels and wash rags for different bathrooms (and the kitchen).

By handysmurf

I keep my dresser in my laundry room. Who ever said a dresser has to be in the bedroom? That way clothes are washed, dried and put away as I fold them. Of course this would not be possible if you have a big family or your dresser matches your bed. It works great for me!

Do a load of laundry every day if you are lucky enough to have a washer and dryer at home. I like to start a load before I go to bed, change it into the dryer in the morning. Next evening, I empty the dryer, start new load of wash, and fold and put away yesterday's clean stuff. When I empty the dryer, I dump the clothes on the bed, so I can't get in without tending to it!

By Linda

this also saves money, as the electricity used to heat the water, and run the washer and dryer are cheaper at night rates. i find that the gentle swishing sound helps lull me to sleep. one word of caution though. i would never run the dryer at night due to risk of fire while you're sleeping. also, this won't work if you work outside the home in the AM or have early morning errands or appointments for the same reason; and if you forget to dry a load in the morning the clothes will start to sour and have to be rewashed. not a time or money saver.