Use Heat To Remove Lug Nuts

Heat the lug nuts with a butane cigarette lighter. The heat causes the nut, but less so the bolt, to expand making it easier to loosen. And, of course, loosen nuts a bit before jacking car.

By R Gambel from New Orleans, LA

This is a great idea to keep in mind (using the butane cig lighter)! My husband and I own a camper van, and got caught on the interstate with the problem of not being able to get a lug nut off. Out came my 12 volt hair dryer, and hubby heated the lug nut with that, and the nut came off. It definately was a great relief to the both of us. Your tips are the kind I love to read, thanks for posting it!

Consumer Advice Cars MaintenanceJune 26, 2008
🎃
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf15000349.tip.html