Cleaning Hair Off Velcro Hair Rollers?

3
Share
22
Save
Follow
Print

I use those velcro hair rollers, but after some usage, loose hair becomes stuck to the rollers and then they don't work very well. Does anybody have an easy way of taking the hair off the rollers? Picking it off by hand is very time consuming!

Thanks for any tips.

Marion in Ontario from Ontario, Canada

By Marion in Ontario (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I have tried all. The toothbrush wasn't stiff enough and other brushes were too big . The velcro strip worked not too bad. Soaking them in bleach also worked not too bad. The crochet hook helped to lift the hair off the roller too, so it was easier to grab than just using mythumb and fingers.
So, thanks again for all your help, this is the greatest site!

Anonymous

The best way to remove hair is to use a flat comb, then just comb out the hair. Then place in a zipper bag and wash with shampoo. rinse in the sink twice, the back into the zipper bag with water and 1/2 cup of vinegar and rise well.

And they will practically shine, good as new.

1. Use a flat comb to comb out the hair, a man's comb works well.
  2. Place in a zipper bag with water and shampoo. Soak and agitate for 15 minutes.
  3. Rinse twice in a sink, then back into the bag with 1/2 cup of vinegar, agitate. Then rinse with fresh water in the sink one last time.

Use a 3M Scotch-Bright adhesive roller for lint. Use on dry velcro roller. Tear off sheet when full of hair.

Make a solution of 2 cups of warm water to one-third ounce of shampoo. Soak the rollers for fifteen minutes. Use a fine tooth rat-tail comb and comb each longitudinally, so the goop comes off the end.

Gather it up with a Kleenex and dispose of the yucky mess. Rinse and dry the rollers and they might seem like new.

By duke (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Just rub the rollers against each other.

Anonymous

This worked great. I used one smaller roller to remove the hair from all the other rollers

By Cotati Red (Guest Post)
Best Answer

The Fuller Brush company makes a small rake-like tool to lift hair from hair brushes. You put the small tines under hair on a brush. It works very well. You might have to do some research on-line to find a distributor (they used to sell door to door in the "olden days"!)

By Toebeanie (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I put mine in the washer with a couple of bath towels. Am a hairstylist and have done this for years. Run through low heat dryer with towels, also.

Do you put them into several small lingerie bags--or loose?

Thanks I am going to try this!

Do you put the velcro rollers in a mesh laundry bag, like the kind you use for delicates and your washing machine? If I just throw them in won't they get spun out?

Best Answer

I found a fast and easy way to clean velcro rollers. Take a sanitizing wipe, like Botanicals lemongrass, or somesuch, and wipe down the bristles on the vacuum brush. Wait a few minutes, according to package directions, if needed. Turn on the vacuum and position the roller over the opening in the center of the brush, rolling the hair roller against the bristles on the vacuum brush. Make sure you are very careful with small rollers, as they might upend and get sucked into the vacuum.

The suction force will help to remove and point out hairs that you can use your fingers to loosen if needed. It really doesn't take very long, and it will suction a whole bunch of them at once so that really speeds up the process. Plus there's no cleanup of hairs all over when you are done :)

I haven't tried this but I think it is worth trying, if you happen to have any velcro strips in your house, I know that you can buy it even at your grocery store.It won't matter if you buy the sew on or adhesive type, because you are only going to use the surface.Try using one side patting at it, then if that does not work try using the other side, its hard to describe because their is the side that has larger loops and teeth, and of course that how it sticks together.The reason I think that this will work, is because a lot of times you can use tape to remove tape, dryer lint to pick up more lint, etc. Hope it helps, if not you could just use a crochet hook, but you may not have one handy.Kersti

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 364 Posts

A friend suggested using an old toothbrush to get hair off of velcro closures, so I'm guessing this might be helpful.

Soak them in some bleach &hot water..
I do hair and use these also it workd for me
rinse them well..

By (Guest Post)

I have the same trouble with round brushes & end up CUTTING the hair off with a fine pair of scissors. Nail scissors might work for the rollers.

By hh (Guest Post)

Can you all help me how to remove those things when they are stuck on the velcro? It is so exhausted to use hands.

By Joelene (Guest Post)

You can also roll two of the rollers around eachother, this helps get some of the hair out.

By rei (Guest Post)

Was this a bad brand of hair rollers?

I use sudsy ammonia to clean my brushes and combs so I'll try it with my hairy Velcro rollers. I don't have the patience to clean each.

I use a fine-tooth comb to extract hair from the rollers. Just place the teeth of the comb firmly on the roller and go around the whole roller. The teeth on the comb are very good at pulling the hair out of the roller.

You could follow up by washing the rollers as some others have suggested.

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ToolsDecember 15, 2005
🎆
🌻
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf15451754.tip.html