TipsFrugal Living

Buy Flannel at Thrift Stores

This is the time of the year when the thrift stores have flannel sheets on sale for around a quarter. I just bought a couple more mismatched ones to sew into flannel PJ bottoms and nightgowns. Buying flannel in the sheets is much cheaper than paying the $8 a yard or more at Walmart!

By mom-from-missouri from NW Missouri

Good reminder. Thank you.

Flannel is never $8.00 a yard at my WalMart. I bet you are thinking about the polar fleece fabric. However, I will never buy used flannel sheets to make sleepwear, because after it has been laundered a few times it gets nubby.

I have a few sets of flannel sheets, and none of them are "nubby." I've had them for at least two years, and they've been used (and washed) throughout the cold seasons. Perhaps it's the quality of the flannel?

If you can find nice sheets at a good price, and they'll work for your project, I think that's great! The fabric has already been pre-shrunk for you, so it saves a step. :-) Different strokes for different folks.

This is a wonderful idea! Yet another frugal use for sheets. I have used the not flannel ones for curtains and table cloths as well as many other things. Good Job!