BedroomDecorating

Free Ways to Change a Bedroom

I really want to change up my room, but don't have any money. What are some ways to make it look different?

Bookluver! from Fall, Nevada

A start is to re-arrange your furniture...sometimes that makes a huge difference.

Or try to find things around the house (stored in the attic or basement or garage)...look for new decor.

The cheapest way to do it is to paint it. Paint stores probably have paint that was returned you could find for a low price, ask. take your time, it is easier than you think. Use a roller and one small brush. You could also use baskets to store things, inexpensive to find. Dye your curtains with Rit for a fresh new color to go with your new paint.

Drape a sheer curtain above your bed for a canopy look.

a couple of years ago this was my problem and the way i solved it was by going into a D I Y store and randomly choosing a tin of paint i then painted my room in that colour bought some small cheap accessories e.g ornaments .... from charity shops and car boot sales this made my room look totally diffrent a nd now i love it !!!

1st go to Lowe's and buy a gallon of a light colored paint of your choice. Paint 2 walls that color, and leave the other 2 walls the color that they were. 2nd put your bed in the middle in the room if it is against the wall, or put it against wall if it is in the middle. Arrange your other furniture to fit in the room comfortably, but don't block any windows. Natural light mixed with light colors makes the room look MUCH larger. 3rd, go to Walmart or a discount store like it and pick out a cool patterned curtain and a regular rod. Hang that up on your window. If you have 2 or more windows, just bouy the curtains for those too. Paint: about $25.00. Curtains: about $10.00 for 1 window.