Ice MachinesAppliances

Amana Icemaker Cycles But Does Not Make Ice

The automatic ice-maker in my Amana refrigerator is not working. It seems to cycle, but no ice is made. The forecast here is for lower 90s through the weekend. I miss my ice!

By Deb from Columbia, SC

Anonymous

Is the dispenser switch or bar in the on or off dispense position?

The bar moves through the cycles (up and down) just like there was water in the ice maker. It looks like no water is dispensed into the ice maker. I looked at the tubes on the back of the refrigerator and they look like they are connected all right, well, as far as I know.

The bar moves through the cycles (up and down) just like there was water in the ice maker. It looks like no water is dispensed into the ice maker. I looked at the tubes on the back of the refrigerator and they look like they are connected all right, well, as far as I know. So the bar is on or off depending on the cycle, no water being dispensed.

Anonymous

Dandolino, at this point I think you should call the manufacturer or whoever installed your refrigerator. :-( If there's no water getting to the ice maker then most likely something is not hooked up correctly or it is clogged.