AppliancesCleaning

Cleaning Washer and Dryer

Category Appliances

I need some advice on what to do after washing clothes that have had gasoline spilled on them. Last night a gas pump sprayed gasoline on me when I was taking it out of my car. I immediately went home and washed the clothes I was wearing three times in my washing machine, on the hottest setting, using laundry detergent. I then dried them in my clothes dryer. I know now that this wasn't the best way to approach the situation.

The machines do not smell of gas, but I wonder do I need to clean my washing machine? Should I clean my dryer or is it okay?

By Laura

I would try using about 3/4 cup of white vinegar in the clothes washer, use good warm water just to make sure you cleaned out the machine so hopefully nothng gets on your next load of clothes.

Good Luck

I would air dry the clothing. If the wash didn't get all the smell out, the dryer could make it worse.