Add to GuideAsk a Question
To Top

Homemade Coffee Pods

Category Beverages
Buying the pods for your single serving coffee maker can get quite expensive. You can save money by making your own. This is a guide about homemade coffee pods.


Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.

By 0 found this helpful
November 14, 2006

I have one of those one-cup coffee makers, which is great as that's all I drink, but those coffee pods can get expensive and it's hard to find flavors I like. Does anyone know how to make homemade coffee pods, or have any other ideas? Thanks so much!

Tricia from Tucson



By guest (Guest Post)
November 15, 20060 found this helpful

Could you take apart and measure the amount of coffee in a pod? Then take coffee filters, using the one you took apart as a pattern, and cut your own "pods". Fill with the correct amount of coffeee and close with a staple.

If you do not want to cut out a pattern, cut squares from filters, fill with coffee, and staple the four corners together to make the "pods".

Either way, make up a bunch, and keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
November 15, 20060 found this helpful

Hi Tricia!! If you can find "empty" tea bags, I would use those. I don't know where to tell you to buy them, though. I live in Europe and I can buy them there. I hope you find a solution. Oh...otherwise, I think I'd just fold coffee into a coffee filter (cut to size).

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post)
November 15, 20060 found this helpful

I would just go to a fabric store and try to find a white acid free muslin or pure cotton tee shirt material. cut into circles, put some coffee in and cover w. another circle and stitch around. Seems to be a lot of trouble to save a few pennies to buy the store bought, but it can be done...good luck...

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
November 15, 20060 found this helpful

You might be able to buy an accessory that you can put your own coffee (or tea) into. If it's a Keurig machine, it's called "My K-Cup".

Two companies that I know of who sell tea/coffee accessories are: Mountain Rose Herbs, and Stash Tea. Good luck!

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Read More Answers
Related Content
Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesMay 8, 2013
A dishwasher soap dispenser, where you can put pods.
Dishwasher Pods Not Dissolving
An empty coffee pod next to a container of ground coffee.
Using Coffee Pods Without a Kuerig
A white calla lily.
Growing Calla Lilies from Pods
Using Reusable Kuerig Pods
Using Reusable Kuerig Pods
Birthday Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Published by .

Generated 2017/09/15 07:29:25 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️
Loading Something Awesome!