Homemade Coffee Pods?

Category Beverages
Buying the pods for your single serving coffee maker can get quite expensive. You can save money by making your own. This is a page about homemade coffee pods.

I have one of those one-cup coffee makers, which is great as that's all I drink, but those coffee pods can get expensive and it's hard to find flavors I like. Does anyone know how to make homemade coffee pods, or have any other ideas? Thanks so much!

Tricia from Tucson

Answers

By jean (Guest Post)

Could you take apart and measure the amount of coffee in a pod? Then take coffee filters, using the one you took apart as a pattern, and cut your own "pods". Fill with the correct amount of coffeee and close with a staple.

If you do not want to cut out a pattern, cut squares from filters, fill with coffee, and staple the four corners together to make the "pods".

Either way, make up a bunch, and keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator.

Hi Tricia!! If you can find "empty" tea bags, I would use those. I don't know where to tell you to buy them, though. I live in Europe and I can buy them there. I hope you find a solution. Oh...otherwise, I think I'd just fold coffee into a coffee filter (cut to size).

By Carol (Guest Post)

I would just go to a fabric store and try to find a white acid free muslin or pure cotton fabric...like tee shirt material. cut into circles, put some coffee in and cover w. another circle and stitch around. Seems to be a lot of trouble to save a few pennies to buy the store bought, but it can be done...good luck...

You might be able to buy an accessory that you can put your own coffee (or tea) into. If it's a Keurig machine, it's called "My K-Cup".

Two companies that I know of who sell tea/coffee accessories are: Mountain Rose Herbs, and Stash Tea. Good luck!

Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesMay 8, 2013
😎
😷
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf16392267.tip.html