AdviceDogs

Proper Food Amounts for Homemade Dog Food

How much should each meal contain for my German Shepherd and my Cocker Spaniel? They have two meals a day, and I make their food myself. I am just not sure of the correct amounts. Many thanks.

By sally green from Gosport, Hampshire

Hello,
Feeding your dogs can depend on the amount they weigh. Have you been to your Veterinarian lately? If not, you can call them and they they tell you the correct amount to feed them. I would weigh them first and then call. Or, you can take them in for their yearly examination and your vet can give you the correct advice.

How do you make your dogs food? My sister makes hers but I have never yet and was just wondering what all is in what you make.