SkinBeauty Recipes

Exfoliate with Sugar and Lotion

The other day, I really wanted to exfoliate my skin. So I took a couple of tablespoons of granulate sugar, and my favorite body lotion, and I just squeezed enough in my hand to put on my legs. Then I took a big pinch of sugar and rubbed it together in my hand. I used this to rub on my legs. Afterward, I just rinsed them.

It works great, and makes your skin so smooth!

By Designedbyjulie from Mt Pleasant, NC

Mixing the sugar with lotion is such a good idea. I've seen post where you mix the sugar it with oil. Not good for the tub drain. I'm certainly going to give this one a try. Thanks DesignedbyJulie.

Sea Salt is my choice, instead of sugar.
I blend it with my facial soap.
Judy, Denver, Co

I use olive oil and sea salt. And I have used sugar, too. I don't make a lot of it up at a time as I don't want it to go rancid. I also use a few drops of EO. (essential oil.) Last time I made some (for my feet), I used peppermint oil. It really cools my feet.

After I wash and rinse wherever I use the scrub, I always finish with some moisturizing lotion.