AdviceGifts

Have a Late Christmas

My friends and I had our Christmas on Jan. 14 so we could go to all the after Christmas sales. We are all in college and money is tight.

By Katie

I understand about money being tight but to celebrate Jesus`s Birthday other than ON His Birthday doesn`t seem right somehow. Can`t you celebrate His Birthday on Christmas witout exchanging gifts;then sometime later when you can afford it, all of you go for dinner together or do something special. After all Christmas is "Christ`s Mas"..little to do with being broke

Christmas is a Catholic holiday NOT the actual birthday of Jesus which was, in fact, at noon, August 21, 7 BC. You can read the account in the Urantia Book at: http://www.uran … nd-infancy-jesus

So, the celebration of His birth is something that is generally overlooked and really has no retail significance. What is important is our focus on Jesus and how we may uplift peace on Earth and goodwill toward mankind!

Katie,

Great idea! Alot of people do this. Epiphany is Jan 6th and some celebrate the wise men arriving with gifts on this day. I would love to integrate this into our family traditions.

It would be helpful in seperating the materialism of Christmas from the celebration of Christ's birth (which actually didn't occur in December!) Thats another can of worms. Google away to answer that question!

blessing<><

I once did a "Home made" Christmas - where we all made something from jam to cushions for each one of our friends. Still Simple - Still Thrifty but Still Christmas!!!!

So cool, my mother in law and I were talking about this and I was thinking about giving my son his presents from Santa on Christmas Day. Then we would have it one week later and do all the rest, cause you know we all go to our family get togethers and get gifts from them as well. Of course, you have the sales the day after Christmas and even if ya want to go on a trip to see snow, there always places you can go after and flights are so much cheaper and gas prices drop. Come on people, everyone has their ways of doing things. Have a Merry Christmas!