MicePest Control

Use Spaghetti in Mouse Trap

My tip is for those people that still use mouse traps, the kind that snap shut. When I had mouse problems, I used peanut butter instead of cheese. Then I took a one inch piece of spaghetti and stuck it in center of the peanut butter. The mouse would try to get the spaghetti, so would have to step on the peanut butter, and then snap. I once caught two mice in one trap.

By Linda from Bloomington, IL from Bloomington, IL

I have been doing pest control for over 22 years, for mice you need no bait at all, just properly place the trap against a wall it is running by, they are super curious animals. For rats however, baiting is usually needed.

Hm, any mouse that I have "met" has been pretty smart. I've seen them carefully swipe peanut butter off the trap without setting it off. So now, I use Snickers. Yep, break a VERY small piece of the carament with a nugget off the bar and smear it on the flapper part of the trap, making sure that the nugget is smooshed down inside that little bitty hole. The mice will try to dig out the nugget and set the trap off.

A couple of weeks ago, we caught 6 in one night using the Snicker method.