Helpful HintsFood Tips

Making Rigatoni in Advance for a Party

I am making rigatoni for a graduation party. How can you make the pasta ahead and then add the sauce?

By Denise from Vestaburg, PA

I made lasagna for a graduation party years ago. To me these type dishes are better re-heated. So, they are great to make ahead. Just prepare the rigatoni like you normally would, then re-heat in the microwave or oven right before you're ready to serve. It's one of the easiet meals I make. I love to have meals prepared in advance.

Very often I cook too much pasta for a meal. I just put the drained, cooled leftover in a plastic bag or container & freeze. When I am ready to use it again I thaw it, boil up some water and throw the pasta in to heat. Just a few minutes, drain it and spoon on the separately heated sauce. Saves a lot of time.