MiscellaneousCleaning

Removing Scratches from Imitation Leather Purse

How can I clean scratches from Leather-like PVC handbags and shoes? These items always get white scratch marks on them no matter what color they are.

Kelly from New York, NY

Not sure, I might would try a crayon the same color as the shoes or bag and color the scratch or maybe a marker?? Just ideas.

Try nail polish remover (non-acetone) in a section that is not visible...like the bottom of the purse. I had one as a teen as I forgot that I used nail polish remover until now. Use a cotton ball to apply it.

By Claudia-MD (Guest Post)

I think crayon might rub off on your clothes and acetone will likely ruin the purse and do nothing to "remove" the scratch. I think the white you are seeing is probably the stuff underneath showing through so I don't think you can actually remove the scratch.

I think your best bet is to camouflage it by covering the white scratch with a permanent marker the same color of the purse.