Substituting Arrowroot for Cornstarch?

My son has a corn allergy. An allergy site says to substitute arrowroot for cornstarch in recipes. Are the measurements the same for both? Hope someone can help, he's missing his oriental food something fierce.

By G-Ma to 5 from Hammond, LA

In my substitution chart it states that 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour or 2 teaspoons arrowroot can be substituted for 1 tablespoon of cornstarch. The chart can be found by typing Fooddownunder.com in you browser. Once in the site type substitutions in the search bar and it will take you to the chart. I hope this helps.

WOW, great site, Cindy. Thanks, it answers questions I haven't even thought of yet!

Arrowroot taste better and also have you tried potato starch. I have used that too.

I always use a few instant potato flakes to thicken stews, gravy, etc. because in my 69 years I have never had much luck using flour or corn starch.

Food and Recipes Food Tips SubstitutionsAugust 3, 2009
🐛
😷
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf17978124.tip.html