AdviceFood Tips

Astronomical Peanut Product Price Increase

If you like peanuts, whether plain old peanuts to munch on, for using in assorted recipes, or for peanut butter used to make sandwiches and baking goods, you might want to consider stocking up for the coming year.

I was listening to the news about this year's peanut crop and decided to do a little more investigating. Here's a link explaining why the prices are going to go sky high; as much as 30% by November. Any product containing peanuts, including packaged cookies and candy, are going to go up :-(

You can stock up on items like bulk peanuts, cookies, and candy which can be frozen to use throughout the coming year. Items like peanut butter will be good to go on your shelf or in the refrigerator until the expiration date.

By Ann from Richland, WA

Thank you for passing this along. I am going to stock up on peanut butter, and I like have peanuts in the shell, unsalted, for the squirrels over the winter.

I'll buy a couple of bags of those. This is a good example of people in the TF community taking care of each other, and I appreciate it!

Ahh! Big thumbs up! I'm a huge peanut and peanut butter freak! Gotta go shopping now! Cheers!

Oh my.... what's next, jelly?

Wow, good to know because we eat a lot of peanut butter! I heard that chocolate and coffee are going to go up but you are the best one to research that, Deeli.