Remembering Crochet Hook Size on Projects

contest winner icon

I usually have a half dozen or so crochet projects going all at once, and sometimes don't recall the size hook I was using. I've started keeping the plastic bread closing tabs and writing the hook size on it and attaching it to my project during construction. Should I stop that project for a while and pick it up again later, the correct hook size is noted right there; no guess work!

By Maile from Onalaska

Love the idea. I am a knitter and have had the same problem. This is easy and ingenious. Thanks

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing. PBP

What a creative idea! I love it and I'm going to start saving those things now. Thank you so much.

I have my own method of remembering. When I go to make something with either knit or crochet, I print out the pattern on my printer and slip it inside a page protector. Everything to do with this project is kept in a bin.

This keeps the pattern, which has the hook size (if I used a different hook size than called for I write it on the pattern) and everything else in it. When I'm not working on it I simply put the lid on and it all stays protected till I do pick it up again.

What a great idea. Those tabs are also handy for labeling things like how many feet in an extension cord, length of extra pairs of shoelaces, etc.

I love this idea...I save those little plastic tabs all the time, but never thought to use it this way.....I have a couple of unfinished projects and struggle sometimes to use correct hook size from when I began the piece...now....no more guessing....thanks!

Great idea thanks

Crafts CrochetSeptember 14, 2011
🌻
📓
🎂