Thanksgiving Centerpiece

This is what I did using some of my remaining flowers from my cornucopia project, I still have some left over!

1. I purchased this pumpkin from Walmart for about five dollars.
  2. Ad

3. The first thing I did was remove the stem. I just pulled it right out.
  4. Next I placed the candle on top of the pumpkin and traced around the outside with a pencil. I liked the bigger candle best, but you could use whatever you prefer. With that done, I placed the candle aside and using a knife I cut around my pencil tracing.
  5. Ad

6. Next I took a large spoon from my flatware and began scooping out the Styrofoam. Just as you would do on a real pumpkin. I scooped out the amount I needed to push my candle down to the depth I wanted it. This part is completely up to you, but mine was about 2" or so.
  7. Once that was done I simply pushed the candle into the pumpkin and made sure it was even all around.
  8. Ad

9. Finally I took my thrift store flowers and placed them into the very small crevice between the pumpkin and candle. Play with the flowers and place them however you like!
  10. This is my centerpiece, but it would also make a great present if your going to be at someone else's home for Thanksgiving.

The kids will have a blast helping you too. Fortunately for everyone, most of these items have already been marked down! Remember to never leave a candle lit and unattended.

By Mistie from Baton Rouge, LA

This is so pretty. Thanks for sharing.

Very cool. Nice centerpiece. Great idea.

Abolutely lovely!