Rose from the Heart
This friendly heart pin will put a smile on everyone's face.
- red felt, pink and white scraps
- plastic eyelashes
- hot glue
- three 1/2 inch roses
- two 1/2 inch google eyes
- needle and thread
- red and white 1/8th inch ribbon
- pin back
Two felt hearts and a few additions for spice and you will have a cute Valentine's pin.
- Cut out two hearts around 3 inches, a 1/2 inch strip of the same felt. Stitch one heart to the strip, stitch the ends together and line up the other heart point to point pin in place so it doesn't stretch or shift all the way around and stitch leaving a space to turn.
- Turn, stuff, and sew shut.
- Cut two 5x1/2 inch strips and tie a knot in the middle of each. Trim one end to a mitten or round shape. Glue the other end to the back of the heart.
- Take two flowers and glue them together right under the blooms. Curl the stems, then glue the flowers close to where the arm is glued to the body.
- Bring the other hand over and glue it on the first one.
- Cut out the small heart for the mouth and stitch on using an overcast stitch.
- With either needle and thread or fabric marker draw on the curve of the lips.
- Cut a 1/4 inch circle of white felt for the nose, gather with a running stitch and stitch in place.
- Glue on google eyes.
- Glue on eyelashes.
- With 1/8 inch ribbon in red and one in white tie a bow with several loops and long tails, tie knots in the tails.
- Lastly, glue the pin onto the back of the heart.
By Ann Winberg from Loup City, NE
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.