Donate Items as You Identify Them

When I first started going through my things wanting to organize, live with less, and donate items, I thought once a year would do it. As I started, I discovered I preferred to go through small sections at a time and over a period of weeks, maybe.

When I thought I was through, one day I picked out something else to give away. So for me, it works to give things away as I notice an item I can donate. One day I'll see an item in a different way than I did maybe a few months ago. What was once important, no longer is, and it feels good to let go of something; to be less attached to an object.

By CS7 from OR

This is what I do. As I find things around that house that we no longer need or want I put in a bag or box. Then when it is filled it goes to my mini van. When I've got a few bags filled and I'll be near Goodwill anyway, I stop and drop off. It's a good feeling to be rid of unnecessary things but if it can help someone else be of use to someone else, then that's all the better.