Fettuccine Alfredo

One of my most favorite pasta dishes! Be sure to serve with crusty bread smothered with unsalted butter and a vinaigrette dressed salad!

• 1 lb. fettuccine
  • 4 Tbsp. butter
  • 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
  • 1 1/4 cups fresh grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
  • Salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:

Cook fettuccine al dente according to package directions.

Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water, and using the same pot melt the butter over medium heat. Add the cream and 1/2 of the reserved pasta water and bring to a simmer.

Add the fettuccine and the Parmesan cheese and toss. Season with salt and pepper and add more pasta water if a thinner sauce is desired. Place on serving plate(s), garnish with the extra Parmesan and serve.

By Ann from Richland, WA

• 1 large pkg. cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup margarine
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Cube cream cheese. Add this and the rest of the ingredients to a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on medium until everything is hot. Serve over fettuccine or your favourite pasta.

* Note: The sauce thickens once it starts cooling. Add more milk to thin it.

By Gail

Answers:

Easy Fettucini Alfredo

This recipe was delicious. The reason I decided to try it was that I did not have heavy cream in the house. I liked that the recipe called for milk. I was pleasantly surprised out how fabulous it was!
(01/09/2005)

By

Easy Fettucini Alfredo

Sadly, this recipe isn't meant for high altitude because mine turned out to be more soup-like than a sauce. One small note I have to ask the cook: what is your definition of a "large" package - concerning the cream cheese? If you'd had the package size, my attempt might have turned out better. (05/28/2005)

By TK

Easy Fettucini Alfredo

Thank you for sharing this recipe Gail :) It looks delicious and we will be making it at my home.

When someone is as kind as you to share your recipes with us, it is not your responsibility for our cooking mistakes and please ignore anyone who lays blame. Please continue to contribute as I personally want to see more of your recipes. Keep em coming! (05/28/2005)

By Anonymous

Easy Fettucini Alfredo

Incredibly good, easy and so creamy! Thanks for this "keeper". Joyce (05/29/2005)

By Joyce Coker