VegetablesFood Tips

Cook Acorn Squash Whole

Category Vegetables

My family loves acorn squash, but I found it so difficult to cut it to scoop the seeds that one day I decided to cook it WHOLE and then cut and scoop later. It is wonderful. Cuts easily, doesn't blow up, and now we enjoy it so often. Also, I found an incredible taste difference between regular vs organic.

By Billie from Melbourne, FL

I love acorn squash and I have it often. I usually just put the whole squash in the micro for about 10 minutes. Cut it in half, using spoon take out seeds, butter and EAT!

By f (Guest Post)

I love to eat spaghetti squash instead of, well, spaghetti (more nutrition, less calories, more filling). I do the same thing: microwave first, scoop seeds after. Works like a charm.

By Amandablue (Guest Post)

Any winter squash can be cooked this way. Just don't forget to prick it well with a fork. Also when it's cooked half way you can take it out and cut it in half, scoop the seeds out, then season with brown sugar, nutmeg what ever you like.

Then continue cooking till done. I also find a pyrex pie plate with a bit of water in it keeps the squash moist.