Use a 2 Liter Bottle to Store Birdseed

I have just discovered how easy it is to fill my outdoor bird feeder by pouring it out of a large plastic 2 liter soft drink bottle. I had a friend save me one and when I bought my bird seed this time, I used the top of a smaller plastic drink bottle, cut off to use as a funnel, and poured the birdseed into the large bottle. I have now collected enough large plastic bottles to put the whole bag of birdseed in. Now there is no mess and the birdseed is kept fresh.

By Barbara from Evington, VA

What a good idea. Mice,moths and others can't get to the seed.

Yes, a very good idea, thank you :) One thing, do not put the pop bottles in a warm place, as the seeds will start to have ugh, bugs growing in them!
Patricia/tootsiepie

Anonymous

I had bags of seed setting around and realized I had an empty distilled water bottle (water to use in the cpap machine). It was tall and thinner than the usual milk jugs. I let it dry out and filled it but love the idea of using your method of using a soda bottle cut off for the funnel.

Makes it easier to fill. Doesn't take up a lot of space and makes filling the feeder easier for me.