Recycled "Wave" Petunia Baskets

I bought my mom a basket of those Wave petunias. After I potted them, she said she hated to throw away that shocking pink plastic basket they came in. I got to thinking that they would make cute silk flower arrangements. You could use these to decorate tables for a bridal shower or garden club party and use them as door prizes. I also made a patriotic one with the terra cotta colored pots. You could use this for a BBQ or even a grave decoration for a veteran. Just drive a stake though the plastic to hold it down.

Approximate Time: 20 minutes

• pink "Wave" petunia baskets or other baskets annuals come in.
  • Spanish moss
  • small silk flower picks
  • decorative bird or fairy figurine
  • ribbon, trims
  • hot glue

Instructions:

Wash and dry the baskets. Remove the handle and cover it with coordinating ribbon. Attach ribbon with hot glue. Then attach handle to sides of basket. Cut flowers to desired height.

If you will be using the baskets as table decorations outside, add a few stones to weight the baskets down. Pull off a piece of moss and wrap around flower stem. Add hot glue to the bottom of flower/moss. Place flower/moss in one section of basket. Repeat until all sections are filled. Add fairy, bird, butterfly, or flag.

By Cindy from Waynesburg, PA

This craft is such a sweet idea! Imagine all the different projects you could do with these containers by just letting your imagination go crafting!!!

very cute! i like the shower idea as a centerpiece in the middle of table how about water can sprinklers as a favor??