FitnessHealth & Beauty

Treadmill Reviews

I'm considering buying a treadmill. I'd like to hear from folks who own one. What brand do you have and with what features? Have you had problems? I know nearly nothing about them other than the obvious.

By Betty from Lubbock, TX

I had one & gave it away. I'd rather get outside & walk. I walk a mile every morning. Sometimes I walk another mile in the p.m. I meet & talk with friends & neighbors,see what's going on, as you know we all need some sunshine. It's good for most people. Be sure to wear a hat to keep sun out of your eyes. Dr's say it's not good for our eyes, good luck.

A cheap one works as good as an expensive one. They all have time walked and calories burnt. You will be gung ho for about 6 months, then the new wears off. If you have a Y near go join it, it is a lot more fun.

I am looking into a buying a used treadmill. I am wondering which brands are quality brands. What should I be looking for?

Answers:

Treadmill Reviews

One of the important things to look for is the springiness of the tread part and the springs within the machine. If it doesn't "give" when you walk on it, it won't be comfortable. (07/28/2005)

By cookwie

Treadmill Reviews

I've been looking into buying a new or used one also. So far, I have found a few things to look for and a few to stay away from. I also found a good comparison chart in a recent "Consumer's Report" 4/06 (?)

Look for:

Don't look for:

(03/16/2006)

By rwhittletx