Milk Odors in Memory Foam

Milk was spilled on my seat, which has memory foam in it. I wanted to know if I am going to have to replace the foam in order to get the milk smell out. Is there anything else I can try? Please help me. Thanks.

Sheryl from Oklahoma City

Best Answer

OdoBan took lingering odor from vomit out of my car seat, and it removed skunk odor from towels used to clean up our dog. It can be found at Wal-Mart in a ready-mixed spray bottle, or you can buy it by the gallon at Sam's Club. It works great for many household uses. Good luck!

Best Answer

Go to your local pet store and buy Natures Miracle. It is guaranteed so no worries, and it works on any odor, on any fabric safely. It's an enzyme that will even remove skunk odors. I have used it for so many things, I would never be without it!

Try vinegar and water or just plain vinegar. Cathy from MA

I know how bad this smells, I spilled a cup of milk in my car a couple of years ago and it was awful. I scrubbed and scrubbed and it still stunk. I found some kind of liquid product at Target with enzymes in it, made especially for protein spills. I think it was called Kids N Pets. It helped a lot, didn't completely take the smell away but made it much better. I kept my windows down when I could, and kept a scented candle in the car for when the windows were up. It took about two months but the smell is completely gone. Look for a product made for milk, you just dump it on and let it air dry, may have to do it several times. Hope this helps and you can keep your chair.

I use Febreze for those really tough odors. I bought a small size bottle years ago and I only use it on impossible odors. It really does work.

I have taken mine outside on a warm/hot day and draped it across 2 or 3 lawn chairs. I spray the soiled spot with simple green and leave an hours or so. I then use the hose to rinse thoroughly and leave in the sun to dry. It may take 2 or 3 days and require turing over but it will be clean.