AdviceBeauty

Turning Bergamot Oil Hairdress Into a Hand Cream

I bought a pot of Jurgen's Bergamot Oil Hairdress, and all though my hair is very dry, I found it way too greasy to use. Since it comes all the way from the U.S. its not cheap here in Malta. I was wondering if I could add something to it so I could turn it into a hand cream. The main ingredients are bergamot oil, other oils and glycerin. Any suggestions please, or should I just toss it, which would be a shame!

Cettina from Malta, Europe

With all those oils and glycerin it sounds like you could use it like it is. If that's too greasy, pour some into a bottle of cheap hand lotion.

By denise w (Guest Post)

Yes I agree put little amounts into a cheap hand lotion to use.

By siris (Guest Post)

I have added more glycerine to creams for that purpose. In Grandma's day hand lotion was glycerine and rose water.

By Nancy from Florida (Guest Post)

Can you continue to use it on your hair but just use much less and spread it on your palms and then run your fingers through your hair? 'Hairdressing' is supposed to be used very sparingly. If this still doesn't work, then I'd use it on dry skin.

thanks for your suggestions. i tried a little with some cheapo body lotion, still too greasy so i added a bit of rosewater and its usable AS A HAND CREAM! yes, i saved some to use as a hairdress for REAL emergencies.

ive always used a tiny bit on my hair, but it just makes my hair look matted and greasy. maybe it just doesnt agree with my type of hair. ive got very straight, bobbed hair which is quite thick. at least i can use it for something else. thanks again to you all.