TablesFurniture

Towel and Iron to Remove Ring on Table

Where I can find Dave's instructions for the towel and iron method for getting the white ring off of wood table?

Vivianhbl from NY

No I use MAYONAISE on a paper towel, let sit an hour or less, and rub gone. Who would believe. I refinish furniture so its a cheap trick. Try it you do it again.

I don't know if this is Dave's or not, but this is the one I have. I hope it helps you.

White Heat Marks on Wood Table
The only way to get rid of heat or water marks on wood (leaves cloudy white marks and rings) is to use heat and water again to take it out. Forget ashes and mayo. Just heat a steam iron to medium, place a plain tea towel (no print or waffle) over the stain and press for SECONDS. Push the steam button while you press. Wipe, and repeat until stain is gone then polish with teak oil, or olive oil. This WORKS. So does a hairdryer, but not as well and steam works better. (07/24/2006

I also did the linen towel and iron trick on my heat marks and my table looks brand new!

I used hot steam iron AND tried the mayo trick and neither of them worked on my table. As fate would have it, my 3 year old was making a pb and j sandwich this morning, and by the time I got around to cleaning the jelly off the table a couple hours later, the water marks under the jelly were gone. It was amazing. It was grape jelly, if that makes a difference.

Amazing, just did the iron and towel trick and it worked almost instantly. Then a quick polish and hey presto, Robert is your mother's brother.

I tried the towel and iron and it worked! I had initially tried leaving furniture polish on overnight and wiping off (another website said this would work). It didn't do anything. Just be careful with the iron trick-only leave it on for abou 2 seconds at a time and then wipe off and repeat.