Keeping Cats Out of Planters?

0
Share
1
Save
Follow
Print

I have a large planter in my yard and the cats use it as a potty. How can I keep them out of it?

By V Meyers from Discovery Bay, CA

Cats don't like it when there is something in the middle of the pot. Like tall spindly lights, or just one of the shorter wider ones from dollar tree. It makes it uncomfortable for them to get comfortable. Also if you shave some orange peels around the top, the cat finds it offensive.

I had problems with my cats thinking my flower pots were there beds. Something in the pot that is uncomfortable for them to lay on does the trick. Even if it is a dollar tree decoration, or even a few pointed stones. An ornamental stick from the ground etc...

If your planter has kitty smell, clean out and use some garden lime. The garden lime takes away the cat smell. Do all of these and there is less of a chance of cat problems.

Home and Garden Pest Control CatsApril 17, 2012
😎
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf25052760.tip.html