Smoke Smell in Wood Cabinet

I purchased an oak dining set from my grandmother who was a smoker. It is in beautiful condition but smells very strongly of cigarette smoke. Does anyone know how to remove the odor from this wood set? Is my only option letting it sit outside, which would be difficult for me to do.

Amy from Waukesha, WI

By sharon (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I washed the unfinished surfaces with Oxy crystals dissolved in hot water and rinsed immediately with strong vinegar water. Sometimes a second attempt is necessary but it really works! I would not use it on the finished surface as it could mark or ruin it

By beth (Guest Post)

If you can't use the oxy crystals and vinegar on the finished part of the wood furniture, what can you use? Any other suggestions?