Reusing Baking Soda From the Fridge

Reusing baking soda from the fridge. When my boxes of baking soda from the fridge and freezer need replacing I dump the 'used' baking soda into a zip bag and use it for cleaning. It does double duty this way. No reason to throw it out just because it gotten fridge-y smelling. I label the bag 'for cleaning'.

It's great for dumping in dishwater when you have a icky greasy pan. It really cuts the grease and helps get rid of it. I also use it to soak off stuck on foods and in the slow cooker. Fill your slow cooker with warm water a couple drops of dish soap and a 1/4 cup of soda. It really works!

By Joyann from Visalia CA

I use mine for the garbage disposal---keeps it smelling fresh!! Thanks for the other ideas as well!!!

I should have saved some of the soda for cleaning but I used the whole box to shine the sinks and pour some in the kitchen and bathroom drains with vinegar to freshen the drain pipe. Pour the baking soda into the drains and then the vinegar - it will fizz up while it is working. Then rinse. My sinks are shining and the drains are fresh.

I let mine sit awhile so that the fridge-y smell goes away and then I sprinkle it in the litter boxes after they've been cleaned out.

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousJuly 12, 2006
🌻
🐛
📓