Removing Odors from Microwave

I need to know how to get a smell out of my mircowave.

By Bea

I like to put a dish of water with some cloves, cinnamon, and an orange or lemon slice (or two) inside and microwave it for 3 minutes. Then, while it is still warm and steamy inside, I wipe it out, the steam will loosen the gook. (Repeat the process, if necessary, but make sure your water doesn't boil dry.) Leave the door open for a while. If the odor persists, and you know the microwave is clean, put a small dish of dry coffee (unused grounds) inside, close the door. Store the coffee in there for a few days, taking it out only when you need to use the microwave.

White vinegar will work, too. Place 1 cup each of vinegar and water in a 1 quart microwavable glass measuring cup and micro on high for 5 minutes.

Carefully remove the container, it will be hot! Wipe down the walls with a dry cloth. The vinegar smell will be overwhelming, but will disappear when the surfaces have dried, leaving your micro odor free.