Replacing a Watch Battery

How do you change the battery of a Timex watch that takes a CR1216 battery?

By dg from MN

I take my watches where ever I am going to buy the battery and they install the battery for me. I usually do this at WalMart.

Radio Shack will also install a new battery in your watch. It was closer than a drive to WalMart for me and I figured I saved it on gas in my car to have them do it and buy the battery there.

FYI - Walmart will only change batteries in watches they sell. If you did not buy your watch at Walmart they will not assist you in changing your battery.

Another bit of info, when I lived in Maryland I found a jewelry store that would sell me a lifetime warranty watch battery. They installed it as well. It cost a little more, but every time I needed a battery I went back to them and got a new one installed no questions asked. That lasted 8 years and about 5 batteries until I moved away. I still have that watch and if I went back they would probably replace it again. God I loved that.

Any jeweler shop will do it. I don't think I would trust an inexperienced Radio Shack employee to change a watch battery.

I have to agree with those that go to a jewelry shop (my best experiences are with locally owned businesses) for watch battery replacement. Even if they don't have exactly what you need on hand, the good ones will find a replacement battery for you within days and will probably clean and shine the watch as well.

Anonymous

Need watch batteries. I say Dollar Tree all the way. They have several different sizes all for just $1.00.

Home and Garden Repair Other WatchesNovember 11, 2010
💘
🍀