KitchenHome Improvement

Paint Advice for Backsplash

Can I use Rustoleum hammered finish on my kitchen wall backsplash? Will it look metallic?

By Debi from St Charles, IL

I found this online, I went to see some high definition laminate today and I was pretty impressed. The cost was So much cheaper than my quote last night. I also went to see my neighbor's kitchen. She just had her entire kitchen painted (sprayed) with a Rustoleum hammered metal look bronze/brown. It looks amazing. Her painter spent an entire day masking and taping the kitchen and made it into a booth. The paint gives a very slight texture and the very subtle hammered metallic look actually looks really good. Who would have thought? With nickel knobs and pulls to tie in the stainless steel appliances, the kitchen will look killer.Good luck.

It does look metallic. The hammered finish is very cool. I've used it to match old knobs that I couldn't buy anymore.

Looks very good. Watch for drips. Try a sample swatch to make sure it is what you like.

Which paint would be best to use for a kitchen backsplash? Semi-gloss or high gloss? I am in an apartment and trying to find something cheap to protect the walls from oil spots while cooking. I thought if I just painted the walls it would help protect the walls. Please advise if you have better suggestions. Thanks.

By Onesummer

Answers:

Paint Advice for Backsplash

Gloss paint would wash better, but what about using a remnant vinyl flooring piece that has a slate rock textured pattern? It's the in thing right now. That would also wash off well and add interest to the wall. Would need approval from landlord for this idea as you'd have to use an adhesive.

(09/03/2009)

By Myrna

Paint Advice for Backsplash

Or put up aluminum foil (heavy), with dull side showing with two way tape, and take down every so often and replace. You could also get one embossed tile, like the old tin type and press an imprint on the foil from behind so it looked like an old tin tile. Just move it along and do the whole amount. Not sure if it would look like much, but it's a thought. (09/04/2009)

By PENNY K

Paint Advice for Backsplash

I like Plexiglas behind the stove, it's easy to clean, good luck. (09/04/2009)

By kathleen williams

Paint Advice for Backsplash

Go to Home Depot or Lowe's and get a piece of aluminum and tack to the wall. (09/05/2009)

By anne