MiscellaneousCollectibles

Determining Value of Vintage Tractor

I have a old John Deere tractor that I want to know how much it is worth? Help. Where do I start? I can't find a number. No pictures that I have looked at, look like it. It is in the shed and the tires are dry rotted. I have no way of getting it out.

By lynette from Ann Arbor

Have you tried taking pictures of it and sending them to John Deere headquarters? Some of these companies can be very helpful. Also, I would think there are tractor clubs. (I've seen small towns that actually have tractor parades.) You could try googling them to see if they could help. My brother-in-law also collects tractors. I think he has eight now.

How do you find out the value of a John Deere 1940ish tractor?

By onslow

Answers:

Determining Value of Vintage Tractor

I can't give you definite help, but in 1978 when my folks had their farm auction, their Ford tractor (grey and red ones), sold for just a little bit more than they paid for it in the real late 40s and no later than 1951. I know I was between 8-11 years old when they bought it. I don't know if you called an auction company that specializes in farm stuff if they could give you an idea or not. (05/23/2010)

By Joan