KitchenHome Improvement

Cabinet with Unfinished End

Category Kitchen

This is another idea to save money when installing new cabinets. If your cabinets do not end in a corner, you need some kind of "cap" to finish them off. I cut a piece of masonite to fit, and then glued can labels that I saved ahead of time....just whatever I used in the kitchen such as beans, tuna, peaches, etc. Thin down some white glue and spread it on the masonite board to cover. A damp sponge works well for this project.

Then take you sponge and spread glue on the back of each label, positioning each one as you finish. Just lay them across each other in an eye appealing manner. Smooth our any wrinkles with the sponge dampened with a little water. Let dry slightly so they don't slide, and then coat with another layer of white glue. The glue will dry clear. You can follow with anothe layer of glue if you like. I also made another board to fit above the sink where there was a gap in the cupboards to place my light. The board is across the front and the light shines out under it.

Covering Cabinet End

By Harlean from Arkansas

About The Author: Harlean has a CD of Craft projects:
www.thriftyfun.com/.../harlean.html

By Cindy in AL (Guest Post)

In a ritzy kitchen you could use wine labels.

i put cork board on mine - came in very handy :)