Casserole Idea Using Chicken Burritos

I have a lot of frozen chicken burritos, can I use them in a casserole dish? Recipes please.

Thanks,
Brigid from California

Dear Brigid,

I make an inexpensive enchilada casserole with chili beans (homemade or canned), some sautéed onion, green chilies, corn tortillas (rolled around the beans or stacked like lasagna). Top with red or green chile sauce (homemade or canned again), cheese and bake.

I also make a baked burrito casserole the same way - except with whole-wheat flour tortillas.

I haven't done it with frozen burritos but you might try it with them. Layer them in your greased casserole dish (I use a cast iron skillet), pour your chile sauce over, top with cheese and bake. I think I'll try it with the chicken burritos tomorrow.

Good luck,

Ramona

I was going to bake some chicken breast and I just happen to have a can of sloppy joe sauce on hand and dumped it on and baked it until the chicken was done and then added some cheese and let it melt and it was very good.I would think that it would work for burritoes too.I baked them at 350%

I would pour some cream of mushroom soup or cream of chicken soup over them and then top with cheese and bake, I would think this would be something like King Ranch casserole. Good luck and happy cooking

I use frozen beef burritos, i've never tried it with chicken but i bet it would be equally as good. I spray the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray, then i spread a thin layer of taco sauce down and place thefrozen burritos on top of that. I pour more taco sauce on top of the burritos then top with shredded cheese. I usually just bake the casserole according to the package directions on the burrito package. They turn out wonderful, our whole family loves them. I'm the only one in the family that likes sour cream but I put a dollop of sour cream on top of my portion and it is delicious! Hope this helps.

LeAnn