Chicken Burrito Recipes
Chicken burritos are easy to prepare and sure to become a favorite meal. This page contains chicken burrito recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Delicious, inexpensive, and a great way to use leftovers!
- 1 (15 oz.) can refried beans
- 2 cups cooked rice (I prefer brown but white is fine)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 8 10 inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- Salsa and Sour Cream for topping
Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 2 cookie sheets with Pam. In a medium bowl, mix refried beans, rice, 1 cup cheese, and 1/4 cup salsa. Divide chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up, tucking in ends as you go, burrito style. Cover with foil, and bake 20 minutes. Remove foil, and top with cheese. Bake 8 to 10 minutes longer until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream and salsa. A meal in itself!
Note: To save time, I buy the Minute brown Rice - store brand. It's more nutritious than white, but I don't have to cook it for 45 minutes :)
By Carol Young from Landisville, PA
We typically assemble these over the stove to each person's preference. They make great leftovers for work.
- 1 jar salsa
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 box Spanish rice mix
- 1 can diced tomatoes (as required by Spanish rice mix directions)
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- cheddar and/or Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
- sour cream (optional)
Place chicken breasts and salsa in crock pot and cook on low all day. Approximately 20 minutes before dinner, make Spanish rice mix with canned tomatoes as directed.
Heat black beans with frozen corn. Place chicken, rice, corn and bean mix, and shredded cheese in tortillas. Top with salsa and sour cream, if desired, and enjoy!
As an alternative to Spanish Rice mix, I sometimes cook the rice in the rice cooker, replacing half the water with salsa. I also occasionally cube the chicken and cook on the stove top with a little taco seasoning, rather than using the Crock Pot.
|Time:||8 Hours Preparation Time|
20 Minutes Cooking Time
By Stephanie from Hillsboro, OR
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 2 cups grilled or cooked chicken breasts, thinly sliced or diced
- 1/2 cup canned black beans or corn, drained
- shredded lettuce
- 5 flour tortillas (8 inch)
Combine mayonnaise and salsa. Stir in chicken and beans. Layer lettuce on center of each tortilla; top with chicken mixture. Roll up tortillas. Makes 5 servings.
By Robin from Washington, IA