Frugal Tips in the Kitchen

1. When using the vacuum sealer to keep meat fresh that I buy on sale, I often find that I need to stack things in the bag like hamburgers. Instead of using wax paper, I use the leftover small parts of vacuum sealer bag to separate the layers of meat. These small parts of the bag are too small to use for its own bag, so using them is better than throwing them away.

2. If you can't get away from prewashing dishes like me, there's no need to set your dishwasher on a full cleaning cycle. By using the short wash, half as much soap, and air drying the dishes, I save lots of money.

By Deanna from Cedar Park, TX

Better Living Frugal Living TipsSeptember 20, 2007
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-13 10:59:43 in 744 msecs. ⛅️️