Cleaning Ink Out of a Dryer

How do you get ink out of the dryer drum?

By Mary from Brentwood, CA

Believe it or not, gel hand sanitizer! Wait until the dryer is cool, then use gel sanitizer on either old rags (old socks are great!) or paper towels and rub it into the ink in the dryer. Probably repeat multiple times. Do leave the dryer open for a few hours afterwards so the alcohol fumes dissipate.

Just spray the spots in the dryer with whatever hairspray you have on hand. They should just "melt" right off. Then swipe with a paper towel. Hope it works for you, it has always worked for me.

Just try Shout on a soft cloth! It leaves the dryer drum looking new!

Oh My God! It really works. My son had a friend overnight, so I wash clothes that night. The next morning I found ink everywhere in my dyer. 1. I am renting my home. 2. Anything I break or is my fault I must paid for it..

Today I was saved, from paying for a brand new dyer...LOL. Everyone should try soaking the towel in bleach with water and place it in the dryer. It really works.

Hair spray work also, but not as effective. Soaking the towel with bleach and water turning your dryer on high. Trust me...smile. Thank you, thank you.

OMG! I tried everything on the dryer. Nail polish remover,goo gone,wd40, scrubbing bubbles,magic eraser. Nothing worked. Finally went to the bleach and water on rags. 95% of the ink is gone!

I just want to thank all of you for saving me and my dryer. I tried the bleach and water towel in the dryer and it worked great! I was amazed!