Ranger (Labrador Retriever)

Ranger is a 1 year old Labrador Retriever. I went to a shelter and got him along with his twin sister in 2011. He loves to chase tennis balls and swim in the ocean. He's the most loving, sweetest dog I know.

By Rebecca Stein from Roslyn Heights, NY

So adorable! Labs are such happy and energetic dogs, I just love them so much. When they get older, they are wonderful too. We fostered an older dog t hat was a lab, we named her Jenny. She soon became known as Jen Jen.

She lived out the rest of her life with us. We took her everywhere we went, and she always got a lot of love from everyone who saw her.

One of our greatest memories is of us eating at the waffle house, and then the car alarm went off. We looked through the glass windows and there she was in the driver's seat.

The way we found out about her is that we used to volunteer at Petsmart on adoption day for the shelter, and they noticed that this older dog, she had been part of a puppy mill, would always liven up and get happy whenever she would see little children. So the lady there asked who would be able to take care of her, and I said I would. She was such a loving girl and I still remember Jenny today. Thank you for your post, it brought a smile to my face.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Nice photo, the contrast of adorable dark-colored dog against the white snow is very striking.

Reply Like this photo? Yes